Manis Canning & Associates (MCA) is seeking a legislative intern to assist the firm’s lobbyists during the 2020 Maryland General Assembly Session.
Applicant must be self-motivated, possess a level of maturity and interest necessary to complete assignments with little supervision, and possess good writing, communication, and computer skills.
MCA’s office and the General Assembly buildings are located in downtown Annapolis. Walking from MCA’s office to the General Assembly and government buildings will be required.
The internship begins in early-January just prior to the beginning of the General Assembly session through mid-April. The General Assembly session starts on January 8, 2020 and ends on Monday, April 6, 2020.
The intern will work at least 20 hours a week preferably on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Other schedules may be considered.
- Assist MCA lobbyists and staff with preparation and delivery of testimony and materials
- Assist with signing up MCA lobbyists and other specified individuals to testify at bill hearings
- Perform bill research as necessary, which may include retrieving relevant information from bill files in Senate and House Committees or the Legislative Services Library
- Assist lobbyists with tracking legislation, by producing reports and tracking bill hearing dates, budget hearing dates, and other important meeting dates on calendars
- Attend public bill hearings and budget hearings as needed taking notes of key relevant points mentioned during the hearings and sharing information with MCA lobbyists
Submit letter of interest and resume to Andrea Mansfield at email@example.com
For more information about MCA, visit our website at www.maniscanning.com.